Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Boggle, Punnery and the Bible.

Today I was beaten at Boggle (online) by the follwing people: Pastor of Muppets, Conan The Librarian, Mike Hunt Stinks, Jim Nasium, Bible Prophecy is True, Wordturd, Lynchie and most suspiciously and embarassingly by Michael Jackson's Nose. While it's good to hear that MJs nose did not get buried with him and has started a new life, it is a bit humbling to be beaten at Boggle by that white little upturned wisp of Silicone! I was much less surprised to be trounced by Conan The Librarian. Jim Nasium took the time to put a little trademark symbol by his name, but hey, I would too if I was smart enough to come up with such a delicious Boggle monicker (next stop, Hollywood!!!). Mike Hunt Stinks, while reeking of a classic 80s prank, happens to be a pretty decent boggler, for a 30 something stuck on 15. Pretty sad, Mike Hunt, whoever you are - you're wasting your talent man! Wake up! I already know that Bible Prophecy is True, so it was of little use o passive aggressively proselytize on the Boggle site, but hey BPiT, at least you beat the sneaky Wordturd (and me). Wordturd, I like your style - anyone who uses the word "turd" in any way, at any point during my day, is gonna get a thumbs up from this guy. Pastor of Muppets was dominating for a while, which is good, because Boggle is apparently important to him - up there with Metallica and the Muppets, two institutions I cannot find too much fault with, if any (though the Metallica documentary with their group therapist was VERY VERY UN-METAL. That leaves me with Lynchie - ranked 9th to my 10th on my last round today. While I'm sure it's just some guy named Jim Lynch from Merced, California, on-line, he sounds like the Grand Wizard of the KKK, and that ain't cool - especially cuz he beat me. Damn you lynchie. I gotta get a better name than ocdwine.com to play as, though I would be honored if Wordturd visited our website because of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment