Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Welcome to Otto's blog

Soooooo, it's offiicial.  I've finally become relevant - new millenium style:  I've put solar panels on my dog and use him to charge my cell phone while on walks around  my neighborhood.  Man, the gangsters on the corner almost pissed themselves when they saw Frank (my pitbull) rolling down the block with a photovoltaic array on his head, back, and tail.  Sample mockery, "Yo, he look mad stupid, yo!!!  Who rocks that shit in public, yo??!!!??"  I later learned through a crackhead I'm friendly with that they were actually mocking the traditional Hmong knitted cap I was wearing (a momento of my South Asia adventure, thank you very much) and not Frank, who was happily loping along, charging my cell phone, oblivious to the mockery - or he probably knew they were busting on me.  

Anyway, this is tangential to what is really making me relevant:  I've started bringing my own bags to the grocery store in my transitional brooklyn nabe.  I am doing my part on a daily basis to reduce my carbon footprint and confound every cashier at the Super Foodtown: "You know the bags are free, right?"  Yes, Taneesha, I know the bags are free, but clean air isn't, you know.  "Whachoo mean?  Air is free, stoopid.  Do you have your club card?"  I never have my club card, but someone else usually lets me use theirs which is a win-win - I get the discounts and they get the points which after a year is usually enough to get a head of lettuce totally for free.  


Sorry - I am totally new to the blogging thing, which by the way is totally passé now that you've got to Twitter.  I'm starting to feel like my parents trying to program the VCR in '85.  Where was I, oh yeah, the previous two examples are evidence of my conscientiousness, not relevance.  Committing my thoughts to the binary library in the sky for all eternity is what makes me relevant...if people read it.  What a big if.  I guess the catharsis of writing is enough to make it worth while, but wouldn't some hate e-mail make it more worthwhile?  Or perhaps my blog entries will in some way make some kid with cancer want to persevere: "The Horse's Mouth would fight, [cough, cough...wheeze].  I'll take the llama bone marrow!  I just know we're a match! [sputter, cough, wheeze]."  That wasn't funny.  I know, I was just pandering to the hate mail people.  Would SOMEONE please acknowledge me?  


Right.  So this is a blog for our wine.  Our wine tastes good and like any wine, if you drink enough of it, you may become idiotic.  This is the area that my blog is going to focus on:  what fun can one have in any situation?  There's always something funny about a situation and my blog entries for OCD are going to try to find the humor in between the knock down, drag out fights we at OCD and Communal Brands are going to be having in making our dreams come true.  I also intend to talk about the creative process in designing our label and marketing in to the world at large, that is currently distracted by global badness - a perfect time for a laugh and a glass of our Pinot Noir.  More to come.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete