Friday, March 20, 2009

The Dream becomes Reality...




So, the wine, as I've posted, is very close to being here. Arch sales maven, Mike Barry, is upgrading the suspension on his motorcycle side car to help carry all the samples up and down the East Coast. Melissa Saunders, General Manager, is busy overseeing the million details that go into producing and launching your very own wine brand all the while skipping around the globe visiting possible future partner vineyards and expanding relationships with winemakers (as well as promoting OCD, natch!). Daniel Saunders, Finance & Strategy, is hard at work keeping the money straight and our operating strategy tight as a kettle drum - no small feat. Chris Antista (The Horse's Mouth), Creative Director, is figuring out how to make a cool website on a shoestring budget and how to tailor our message of old school, grass roots, convivial wine connoisseurship to todays market that appears to demand slavish devotion to Web/Twitter/Blog/eBlast/Facebook obsessiveness. While I agree these tools are useful, I can only agree that that's true only if the content of the aforementioned vehicles is enjoyable by the recipient - otherwise it's just spam. I get enough messages thrown at me everyday as every other non-cave-dwelling individual on this planet. We're all struggling to stay plugged in lest some generation of cyborgian computer-weened mutant kids runs us over before we get a chance to KEEP IT REAL. So what the hell am I saying? I'm going to send you the occasional email. I am going to occasional send you a link. I am occasionally going to tap OCD's friends on Facebook. When I do, though, it's going to be to share something, make you laugh, invite you to drink some wine on us or maybe just to go play some croquet and drink some wine on us. Wine is fun to drink. Wine should be fun to talk about, look at, discuss and mostly to share. We've got enough to worry about every day - let's engage in some escapist enjoyment with our friend Otto at the helm.

I've got to finish the website. I've got to produce sales material for Mike. I've got to make this whole dream work, because it's become reality now. There's 87,000 bottles of OCD heading this way and we're going to sell the all. Along the way, it is my new dream that everyone gets a little something else out of their OCD experience, as well. A lot of this is up to you, but hopefully we can inspire some with our dream. I'd love to hear back as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment